David Joffe and Andy Elbon, both partners in the Nashville office, will be program speakers at the teleseminar "Business Planning for the New Health Care Law: What You Need to Know about the Year Ahead".
The recently enacted health care reform law will substantially alter the ways in which businesses provide health care insurance to their employers. The new law features substantial changes to existing practices and plans, new taxes, tax credits and IRS compliance obligations, new coverage mandates and employee disclosure requirements. Implementation of these changes began in 2010 and will pick up speed in 2011 and 2012. This program is designed to provide attorneys advising businesses with a framework for understanding and planning for the implementation of the new health care law in their workplaces. The program is designed for all business advice attorneys, employee benefit practitioners, and insurance law lawyers with intermediate to advanced levels of practice experience.
- Overview of the new health care law, challenges for employers and practical guidance
- Considerations for “grandfathered plans” and how to retain that status under the new law
- Review of changes effective in 2011 - what should employers be doing now?
Planning for automatic enrollment, new coverage mandates, non-discrimination testing, HSA changes, and more
- Changes to “cafeteria plans”
- New employee notice and IRS compliance obligations
- Planning in 2011 for more changes in 2012