General Contractor Tax Seminar
Friday, March 25, 2011
5:00 AM-5:00 AM
Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
One Federal Place, 1819 Fifth Avenue North
Birmingham, Alabama 35203
Limited Seating - Please Register Soon
A tax seminar designed for our general contractor clients and friends will be held at our Birmingham office on March 25. Stuart Frentz, Axel Bolvig, Bruce Ely, Steve Wilson (from our Jackson office), Jimmy Long and Will Thistle will be the co-presenters.
- Tax Legislation Pending in the Alabama Legislature of Interest to GCs
- Bruce P. Ely, Program Chair
- Repeal of the “Government Contractor Exemption” and Reinstatement of the Purchasing Agent Procedure; Which Government Entities Remain Exempt from the Purchasing Agent Requirements
- Axel Bolvig, III and Bruce P. Ely
- What Qualifies for the Pollution Control Exemption from the Sales and Use Tax?
- William T. Thistle, II
- The General Contractor “Fee” Grows Teeth – How it’s Calculated and to Whom it Applies
- James E. Long, Jr.
- Various Alabama and Tennessee Tax Abatements and Tax Incentives of Which GCs Should be Aware (and Should Advertise to Owners)
- James E. Long, Jr. and William T. Thistle, II
- The IRS’s Audit Focus on Worker Classification Issues Continues; Recent Developments Affecting the Construction Industry
- Stuart J. Frentz
- Mississippi Contractor Tax Issues; Potential Tax Incentives for Owners
- Stephen M. Wilson