3590 Grandview Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35243
Free parking at this live event.
This seminar features the state’s top estate planners and probate practitioners. Your distinguished faculty will explain the very latest developments and strategies in estate planning, estate administration, and probate practice. Brad Lard, partner in the Birmingham office, will walk attendees through the Alabama Uniform Trust Code and provide tips and guidelines for drafting effective inter vivos and testamentary trusts. Brad's topic is “A Summary of the Alabama Uniform Trust Code: Drafting Tips and Guidelines”.
- Tips and guidelines for drafting effective inter vivos and testamentary trusts
- Medicaid planning -- actions clients can take to protect their assets in their declining years
- Use of prenuptial agreements, postnuptial agreements, and contracts to make a will in estate planning
- Estate planning for the elderly – preparing for incapacity, disability, and death
- Common probate problems, including multiple domiciles, intestate administration, and lost or withheld wills
- Planning for the distribution of IRAs and Qualified Plan Benefits
- Ethical considerations in acquiring new clients or non-clients
- Ethical considerations when representing fiduciaries, including how to identify who your client is in probate proceedings