Nashville, TN 37204
Now that the dust has settled from the election, it is apparent that healthcare reform will move forward with fewer obstacles. Many people assumed that the Affordable Care Act (ACA) would be repealed, and, as a result, have done little or nothing to prepare. The vast majority of the mandates and requirements associated with ACA go into effect on January 1, 2014. 2014 will be here before we know it! The seminar will include the following topics:
- What is an (American Health Benefit) Exchange?
- What will the Exchanges look like?
- How to determine if an employer should “pay or play”?
- What are “Essential Health Benefits”?
- What are the minimum premium requirements for affordable coverage?
- How does an employer determine if it is required to provide coverage to a part-time employee?
- How does the “look-back” period work for seasonal/part-time workers?
- When should an employer consider being self-funded and are there advantages to being self-funded under ACA?
- What should employers be doing from a W-2 reporting standpoint?