Haydn Richards, Jr. and Heather Hutchings are scheduled presenters at the Capital Markets Cooperative 2014 Annual Conference. This conference—held in Ponte Vedra, Florida, and attracting leading industry executives from the mortgage and mortgage servicing industries—runs March 10-12, 2014.
Richards will participate in the General Session event—a panel discussion themed “The Cost of Perfection”—scheduled for early afternoon on March 11. Among the topics Richards and his fellow panelists will discuss:
The “Cost of Perfection”
- Is perfection in compliance matters the standard? How do you manage the costs associated with perfection?
- CFPB attitudes and expectations. What are state regulators’ views?
Richards will also be a presenter at one of the conference’s breakout sessions, in which attendees can direct questions to, and share ideas with, the guest speakers. Richards is lined up for the breakout session themed “Managing Repurchase Risks, Indemnifications and Compensatory Fees.” Among the topics Richards and his fellow presenters will discuss at this breakout session:
- Repurchase risks related to quality control processes
- Options for reducing risk of financial harm
- Reps and warranties, insurance, pursuing recoveries
- Reserve issues that impact capital requirements and valuation
Hutchings will also participate in one of the conference breakout sessions. Her session—themed “Refining and Redefining Regulatory Compliance Implementation”—will focus on such issues as:
- Implementation and refining of processes since the January 10, 2014 roll-out of QM/ATR (Qualified Mortgages and Ability to Repay) standards
- Potential impacts of still-pending rules including preparing for integration of the finalized RESPA/TILA changes
- NMLS (Nationwide Mortgage Lending System) and the SAFE Act