Nashville, TN 37203
Please join the Real Estate Team of Bradley for a presentation focusing on often ignored lease provisions. Our team will share real world examples of how poorly drafted “minor” lease provisions can adversely impact future leasing, refinancing or sales efforts.
Please join us to hear practical advice and best practices about how to address potentially problematic and often overlooked lease provisions.
Topics will include the following:
- Lease Guaranties - Differences between a good guaranty and a bad guaranty
- Estoppel Certificates – Purpose, legal effect and pitfalls
- Letters of Credit as Security Deposits – Better than cash? When can letter of credit security create problems?
- Subordination, Non-Disturbance and Attornment Agreements – Why do tenants and lenders care?
- Work Letters and Delivery Deadlines – Establishing expectations
- Rights of First Refusal/Rights of First Offer – Drafting tips and avoiding traps
- Insurance and Indemnity – Managing and allocating risk
- Holdover Penalties – Is simply increasing rent a sufficient remedy for the landlord?
- Permitted, Exclusive and Prohibited Uses – Oh what a tangled web