New York, NY 10036
Appellate Advocacy will give you real-world insight into effective appellate advocacy. Attendees will learn about all aspects of the appellate process, from things to do (and not to do) in the trial court, to strategies and techniques for persuasive brief writing and oral argument, to how and when to seek amicus support, to the rehearing and certiorari processes. Attendees will also hear the "View from the Bench" - what judges find persuasive and effective.
Bradley partner Kevin Newsom will be speaking on the topic, "Appellate Advocacy: Effective and Persuasive Brief Writing" with co-speaker Stephen Kinnaird.
For more information about the event, visit PLI's website.
- Mark D. Harris, Proskauer Rose LLP
- Rachel S. Bloomekatz, Gupta Wessler PLLC
- Lauren R. Goldman, Mayer Brown LLP
- Stephen Kinnaird, Paul Hastings LLP
- Hon. Gerard E. Lynch, United States Circuit Court Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, Paul J. Kellner Professor of Law, Columbia Law School
- Brian R. Matsui, Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Richard B. Rosenthal, The Law Offices of Richard B. Rosenthal, P.A.
- Janet L. Siegel, Program Attorney, Practising Law Institute