Hardly a week passes without news of yet another large hacking or data breach, with hundreds of millions of financial, social media, e-mail, customer account, and medical records affected this year alone.
It’s not a matter of if, but when. Your clients should expect one day to be a victim of a cyber attack. So it is just as important to be prepared for the legal fallout from a cyber breach as it is to defend against one.
- How to detect a data breach
- How to halt a data breach
- Which team of first responders should be pulled together immediately
- Whether law enforcement should be involved
- Decision-making regarding customer notice and remediation
- How vendors should be notified or included on the team
- How to evaluate cyber insurance and traditional insurance claims
- When to involve a client's insurer
- What steps should be taken right away to protect against class action or other claims
- How HR, marketing, and PR should be utilized to keep the team, employees, and customers on message and focused on mitigation and resiliency
Earn CLE as you learn how to help clients manage cyber security risks, limit legal liability, and maintain compliance with key regulations.