The insurance industry is unified in its opposition to coverage for COVID-19 business interruption losses. Although the insurers argue otherwise, many all-risk insurance policies provide coverage for these losses. Even policies with virus exclusions may provide coverage extensions that are not subject to those exclusions. And many more policies omit virus exclusions altogether. This session will provide a roadmap and checklist for evaluating policies to determine the availability of coverage as well as best practices for submitting claims.
- BI and CBI Coverage in Commercial Property Policies
- General Policy Interpretation Principles Benefit Insureds
- Key Arguments in COVID-19 Coverage Disputes
- Litigation Developments
- Reminders for Protecting BI Coverage Rights
- Impact of COVID-19 on Claims and Renewals