This panel will focus on the rise of stablecoins and what looms on the horizon for them as regulators consider how to respond to the rise of this crypto-asset. The panelists will discuss what stablecoins are and how they fit into the broader world of crypto-assets, as well as why they’ve captured the attention of U.S. regulators and policymakers and how—and whether—regulators should intervene in the stablecoin market. The panelists will address key questions on stablecoins, including:
- What is a stablecoin? How is it different from Bitcoin and other types of crypto-assets?
- What are stablecoins used for?
- Why have stablecoins attracted so much attention from U.S. lawmakers and regulators over the last couple of years and the Biden administration in recent months
- What are the issues being considered by the President’s Working Group and what are the potential implications of its recommendations?
- Why should traditional financial institutions and consumers be as interested as crypto savvy businesses in the PWG’s recommendations?
This is a virtual event.
Will Giles, Senior Attorney, Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
Ron Hammond, Director of Government Relations, The Blockchain Association
For more information on the event visit the "WHF/WHFF Partner Series: Stablecoins: How Did We Get Here, And Where Are We Going?" page.