Healthcare attorney Dan Murphy presented at the American Health Lawyers (AHLA) Health Care Transactions conference. Topics discussed were:
- Diligence review–recent cases and settlements significantly raise the stakes related to potential noncompliance issues and acquirers are redoubling their diligence efforts to detect any potential Stark Law or kickback issues.
- Discussion of strategies and areas of focus for acquirers in this regard
- Transaction structuring–how cases and settlements have impacted the fair market value and commercial reasonableness standards for transactions, including particularly for the physician compensation component of transactions
- Self-disclosure–considerations and timing of the self-disclosure of issues identified during the diligence process and whether submitting overpayment refunds to Medicare can be an alternative to self-disclosure
- Third party valuations–important points to keep in mind when working with and finalizing valuation opinions
- Managing liability exposure–approaches to dealing with liability exposure in purchase agreements
When and Where:
April 16, 2015
Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, Nashville, TN
Laura J. Bond, PYA
For more information about the event, view the AHLA Health Care Transactions 2015 brochure.