Bradley Arant Boult Cummings Expands into Florida
As a significant step in its ongoing strategic growth, Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP is pleased to announce the firm’s expansion into Florida with the addition of 12 lawyers from Glenn Rasmussen, P.A., in Tampa. They bring with them experience in banking and insolvency, commercial litigation, corporate finance, labor and employment, real estate, and transactions.
“This is a milestone in the growth of Bradley, and it marks our entry into the Florida market, which has long been a priority for the firm,” said Firm Chairman Beau Grenier. “Our new colleagues have a strong reputation for high quality client service, which is one of our core values, and they add bench strength to our key practices. We look forward to serving clients throughout Florida from our new location.”
Tampa will be the firm’s eighth office, adding to its existing locations in Alabama, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, and the District of Columbia. An AmLaw 200 firm, Bradley is one of the largest law firms in the Southeast and has more than 460 attorneys.
Added Robert B. Glenn, President of Glenn Rasmussen, “Joining with Bradley Arant Boult Cummings is a unique opportunity for our firm. Their unrivaled footprint in the Southeast and strong national reputation across a broad range of practices and industries will allow us to expand greatly what we are able to offer to our clients. Given that we share a common culture of service, all of our clients will continue to receive the personal attention they have come to expect from both firms.”
Bradley will also continue to explore opportunities for strategic growth, particularly with respect to recruiting dynamic legal talent.
“We are confident that we will attract talented attorneys in Florida and throughout the Southeast who will see our firm as an exciting platform from which to grow their practices,” said Grenier.
The Glenn Rasmussen attorneys joining Bradley include:
Timothy A. Andreu, Partner, Commercial Litigation
Michael B. Colgan, Partner, Commercial Litigation
Sharon Docherty Danco, Partner, Corporate Finance
Robert B. Glenn, Partner, Banking & Insolvency
Mark A. Hanley, Partner, Labor & Employment
Robert C. Rasmussen, Partner, Corporate Finance
Edwin G. Rice, Partner, Banking & Insolvency
Alysa J. Ward, Partner, Commercial Litigation, Labor & Employment
Tony B. Griffin, Counsel, Labor & Employment
Cheryl J. Lister, Senior Attorney, Litigation
Matthew D. Pipes, Senior Attorney, Corporate Finance
Troy M. Carnrite, Associate, Corporate Finance
Bradley will continue to use the current Tampa offices of Glenn Rasmussen, and the address and all phone numbers will remain the same.
Firm representatives are available for interviews.
For more coverage on this story:
- Tampa Bay Business Journal, "Glenn Rasmussen PA merges with Alabama law firm," January 15, 2015.
- Birmingham Business Journal, "Bradley Arant announces Tampa expansion, will add 12 attorneys," January 15, 2015.
- Nashville Business Journal, "Bradley Arant announces Tampa expansion, will add 12 attorneys," January 15, 2015.
- The American Lawyer, "Sunshine State Beckons Bradley Arant," January 15, 2015.
- Law360, "Bradley Arant Expands Into Fla. With Tampa Firm Merger," January 15, 2015.
- Daily Business Review, "Tampa’s Glenn Rasmussen Merges Into Bradley Arant," January 15, 2015 (subscription required).
- AL.com, "Birmingham-based Bradley Arant Boult Cummings law firm expanding to Florida with merger," January 15, 2015.
- The Tennessean, "Nashville law firm merger creates larger office, expanded focus," January 15, 2015.
- Nashville Post, "BABC makes big Florida splash," January 16, 2015.
- Birmingham Business Journal, "Law firms around Bham expand footprints, add partners," January 23, 2015.
Bloomberg News, "Lateral Moves" section in "Nixon Peabody Combines with Chicago Firm: Business of Law," January 26, 2015.