Upcoming NYU SALT Institute Features Hot Topics and National Experts
State & Local Tax Alert: Alabama Edition
The 36th New York University Institute on State and Local Taxation will be held at the Grand Hyatt – New York on December 4-5, and will offer a broad range of hot topics and feature many of the nation’s state tax experts. The topics include:
- Recent Developments in Nexus
- Recent Developments in the State Taxation of Partnerships/LLCs and Their Owners with a Focus on the New Federal Partnership Audit Rules
- Review and Preview of Constitutional Issus Pending in the Courts
- The Changing Face of Business Transactions and Their State Tax Implications
- The Need for a Uniform RAR Statute – Business Group and MTC Efforts
- Recent Developments in Apportionment
- False Claims Acts and Class Action Tax Lawsuits
- Update on the Mobile Workforce Simplification Legislation
- Ethical Challenges for State Tax Professionals
- Recent Developments in Due Process – Legislation, Cases, Etc.
- State Tax Aspects of Cross-Border Transactions and Impact of Federal Legislation
- Tax Reserves for Financial Accounting Purposes
- Current SALT Audit Issues – A Practical Guide for Controversy Resolution
- What’s Happening Everywhere Today (the always popular, fast-moving segment featuring experts from all over the U.S.)
Most importantly, however, will be our tribute to the late, great Paul Frankel, Chairman Emeritus of the NYU SALT Institute and mentor and friend to many. Several members of Paul’s family will join us.
To register online for the Institute, please visit the NYU School of Professional Studies website or call 212-992-3320. It is especially important that you reserve a room at the Grand Hyatt as soon as possible since those rooms will go quickly.