The MBA Compliance Essentials MLO Temporary Authority Resource Guide acts as single point of reference to help you and your organization manage your policies and procedures for this rule. The guide starts with a summary of the bill to help state the stage. The guide then covers actionable information surrounding implementation of Temporary Authority on the NMLS, a deep-dive on compliance implications and risks, and key state law considerations and differences. The guide then concludes with model policies and procedures, a checklist for implementation, and consolidated supplemental resources.
- Overview of the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act
- Statutory Background of SAFE and Modifications made by Section 106
- Review Implementation of Temporary Authority on the NMLS
- Summary of Compliance Implications
- State Law Considerations
- Model Draft Policies and Procedures
- Procedures Checklist
- Appendix of Resources
The MBA Compliance Essentials MLO Temporary Authority Resource Guide is available for purchase on the Mortgage Bankers Associations website.