In the wake of COVID-19, cities, counties and states across the nation are issuing “shelter in place” orders to curb nonessential movement of residents, and companies around the world are moving to a remote work system. This webinar focuses on IT, cybersecurity, and privacy issues that may impact businesses that are located in “shelter-in-place” jurisdictions. Topics include the following:
- Business continuity plans and invoking contingencies
- Best practices to combat cybersecurity risks in remote working environment
- Managing remote workforce
- Regulatory implications for your business
- Businesses should assess their response to this unique circumstance and implement lessons learned to establish a plan for a smoother response to a similar scenario in the future.
- Businesses need to transition from triage to management of the current work-from-home environment, which includes implementing policies and procedures and planning for additional contingencies with this environment as the baseline.
- Individuals have to take a bigger role in managing their own IT including arranging for contingencies if their access to their corporate environment is interrupted.