COVID-19 Webinar Series: What Employers Need to Know About Managing a Remote Workforce and the Latest Guidance from DOL and FFCRA Webinar Recording
COVID-19 Webinar Series
Please join Bradley and the Business Council of Alabama for a live webinar addressing key questions our clients are asking about navigating the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19). A panel of labor and employment and cybersecurity attorneys will discuss coronavirus-related issues facing employers, including:
- What are the wage and hour, benefits and data security issues implicated by employees working remotely?
- When are you required to extend paid leave to employees under the Families First Coronavirus Act (FFCRA)?
- What documentation can you obtain from employees taking paid leave under FFCRA?
- What tax credits are available under FFCRA?
- How do you apply the PPP under the CARES Act?
- What should you be telling your employees who ask about filing for unemployment benefits?
- Take this week by week. If you are going to lay off, furlough or cut hours, you need to take a step back and consider all the new regulations and the existing ones, including WARN and the FLSA. Consider the big picture when planning workforce or worktime reductions, including balancing being able to quickly transition back to work, unemployment wages versus part-time wages, and the impact reductions, layoffs or furloughs may have on any COVID-19 related loans your company has received or applied for.
- Offer some training for remote work, and make sure employees are aware of increased risks of data being compromised. Make sure your employee’s devices are protected with good passwords and encryption technology. Encourage use of a VPN. Do not send sensitive personal identifying information without a verification process.
- Talk to your employees to make sure they know they are valued. When we make it out on the other side we want to make sure we still have the best of our workforce.