Falling energy prices often lead to collection problems. Current forecasts estimate that about 250 energy companies will file bankruptcy by 2021. This webinar will discuss strategies to improve collections during these challenging times.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Important Master Service Agreement Terms that impact collections, including:
- Standards of Performance
- Invoicing/Payment Terms
- Lien Waivers
- Offset Rights
- Mineral Lien Enforcement
- Make your warranty obligations reasonable,
- Preserve your right to file a lien on your customer’s well,
- Do not allow your customers to have offset rights, and
- Limit your customer’s ability to avoid payment of undisputed amounts.