Brave New Marks: Selecting and Clearing Trademarks in Highly Crowded Markets
The number of trademark registrations have greatly increased over the last decade, and choosing a mark that is both strong and protectable has become more difficult. Join Tim Capria and Jake Neu as they discuss emerging issues in trademark selection and strategies for selecting and clearing new trademarks.
- Select and search new brands early
- Expect crowded field for suggestive marks and propose alternatives
- Understand the strengths/weaknesses of your position before you need to make argument
- Consider alternate strategies upfront, such as consent agreement and cancellation proceeding
- Anticipate and be proactive when others may be shrinking your pasture