2020 was an especially active year for FCA enforcement. What does this tell us about compliance in the coming year? Bradley Government Enforcement and Investigations partners Jon Ferry, Ty Howard, and Brad Robertson discuss how the enforcement environment drives compliance, and the areas of risk companies need to focus on this year.
This webinar covers:
- CARES Act matters, including DOJ’s recent indictment related to misuse of funds
- PPP fraud, and lessons learned from DOJ's first civil action
- HCP-related fraud associated with speaker programs
- Court development falsity in medical necessity cases is something to watch this year.
- Active enforcement environment driven by qui tams and DOJ targeting using data mining.
- Risk from speaker programs extends not only to pharma and device companies that run the programs, but to physicians (and their employers) that take part in the programs.
- Managed Care Organizations and associated providers will face active enforcement and oversight related to diagnosis codes submitted to CMS.
- CARES Act programs will be priority for Department of Justice for the next few years.
- Telehealth regulations and enforcement will continue to develop in post-COVID healthcare.