Utilizing two civil lawsuits that ultimately led to convictions, watch the dissection of a mortgage fraud plot unfold while working through the investigation and ultimate remediation. The first case study focuses on identity theft, money laundering, and real property with a single bad actor; whereas, the second case exposes the facts that ultimately lead to one of the largest bank closures in American history.
What Will We Learn from these 2 Case Studies?
- Fraud from many: Grandmother (Horse Play) and CEO (TBW)
- Fraud in many forms: Fraud for individual profit and fraud for business profit
- Fraud with many focuses: Targeted identity theft and institutional/historic fraud
Fraud During COVID /Recent Trends:
- Historic Orig /Refi
- Internal controls stressed due to volume
- NonQM /Jumbo • Radical appreciation but don’t have the same safeguards as QM
- Hot Spots
- Traditional with CA/FL but decreased docs on 2nd homes nationwide
The full agenda is available here.
Luther Wright, Patty Arvielo, Jeff Bloomfield, Robert Broeksmit, Larry Mize, Patsy Parkin, Amy Brand, West Beibers