Sidney Welch will speak at the National Medical Association’s Annual Convention & Scientific Assembly as part of a panel discussion among physician leaders in the National Medical Association, Federal of State Medical Boards, Association of American Medical Colleges, and American College of Graduate Medical Education moderated by the NMA President. This Edith Irby Jones, MD Plenary Session will cover topics ranging from data regarding clinical work and learning environment for physicians of color; managing accusations, rights of physicians, and the value of diversity of leadership in physician investigations; the role and effective use of legal counsel in disciplinary actions; ACGME resources; and the importance of mentorship, resources, and well-being.
- Garfield A. D. Clunie, M.D., 123rd President, National Medical Association
- Dotun Ogunyemi, MD, FACOG, MFM, Chair, Education Council, National Medical Association; DIO, Associate Chief Medical Officer, Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
- Rosandra Daywalker, MD, Vice President, Alliance for Clinicians Equity
- Jeffrey D. Carter, MD, Chair, Board of Directors, Federation of State Medical Boards
- William McDade, MD, PhD, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, Accreditation of Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Norma Poll-Hunter, PhD, Senior Director, Workforce Diversity Principal Investigator, Summer Health Professions Education Program, Association of American Medical Colleges
For more information, view the agenda.