Our office in Birmingham, Alabama, was established in 1871. Although we have grown into a national law firm with clients all around the globe, we have never lost sight of the core values that our founding partners insisted on: ethics, integrity, excellence in our work product, and an unwavering dedication to community service.
The Birmingham office has been home to legal trailblazers from the very start, from founding partner John P. Tillman, first president of the Alabama Bar Association, to Ellene Winn, who in 1958 became one of the first female partners in a law firm in the southeast.
Our commitment to community service is one of Bradley’s most important values. We currently support more than 100 charitable organizations across central Alabama, including the American Heart Association, American Diabetes Association, and Komen Race for the Cure. After a major outbreak of tornadoes in 2011, our attorneys helped construct a home for a family who had lost theirs in the storms. The law firm holds an annual luncheon called the Dog Days of Summer to benefit a local animal rescue group and animal-assisted therapy organization. Bradley also sponsors a number of scholarships for promising undergraduate and law students in Alabama.
Our Birmingham office and its attorneys have been recognized for their work with numerous accolades in recent years, including:
- Named to the Birmingham Business Journal’s “Birmingham’s Most Admired Companies” list each year since 2012.
- The firm earned a number of top rankings in Chambers USA for 2019, including being ranked a “Leading Firm” in Alabama for Banking & Finance, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Corporate/Commercial, Environment, Healthcare, Labor & Employment, Commercial Litigation, and Real Estate. Thirty-four of the firm’s Birmingham attorneys were ranked as leading lawyers for business in Alabama. In addition, Tripp Haston (Product Liability & Mass Torts) and Robert Maddox (Financial Services Regulation: Banking) were ranked nationally.
- There are 112 of our Birmingham attorneys listed in the 2019 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® and five were named 2018 "Lawyer of the Year" in their areas of practice.
- 2018 Mid-South Super Lawyers lists 89 of our Birmingham attorneys as Super Lawyers or Rising Stars.
- Numerous attorneys have been named "Top 40 under 40" and received other local individual attorney awards.
- Listed in the Birmingham Business Journal as one of “Birmingham’s Best Places to Work” since 2013.
Bradley’s Birmingham office is located in the One Federal Place building on 5th Avenue North, between 18th and 19th Streets. Walk-in traffic may enter the building lobby from 5th Avenue. Automobile traffic may enter the building from the parking deck – the entrance to the parking deck is on 4th Avenue North. You may park in any unmarked spot. Please bring your parking ticket with you to be validated.
Follow Hwy 31 North into downtown Birmingham. Exit at 2nd Avenue North. 2nd Avenue is one way to the west. Follow 2nd Avenue to 19th Street and turn right. Go two blocks to 4th Avenue North and turn left. The parking deck will be immediately on your right and the building can be accessed from the parking deck.
Heading eastbound on I-20 West/I-59 North, as you approach downtown Birmingham take I-65 South to 6th Avenue North. At the end of the exit, go straight through onto 10th Street North. Turn right onto 5th Avenue North. Follow 5th Avenue North several blocks to 19th Street North. Turn right onto 19th Street North and in one block turn right on 4th Avenue North (one way to the right). The parking deck is located between 18th and 19th Streets. The building can be accessed from the parking deck.
Take I-20 West/I-59 South into Birmingham. The bridges in the downtown business district are being replaced so you will see detour signs as you approach downtown. As you approach the detour, use the far right lane to take exit 126A for Carraway Blvd. At the end of the exit, go straight through the light onto 6th Avenue North. Turn left onto 22nd Street (one way to the south). Follow 22nd Street to 4th Avenue North. Turn right on 4th Avenue North (one way to the right). Go approximately 3½ blocks to enter the parking deck, which is located on 4th Avenue North, between 18th and 19th Streets. The building can be accessed from the parking deck.
Follow I-65 South to Birmingham. At the I-20/I-59 junction, take I-20 East/I-59 North into downtown Birmingham. Take the 17th Street exit, then turn right onto 19th Street North. Take a right on 4th Avenue North (one way). The building can be accessed from the parking deck, which is located on 4th Avenue North between 18th and 19th Streets.
Follow I-65 North to Birmingham. Exit at 3rd Avenue North. 3rd Avenue is one way to the east. Follow 3rd Avenue to 19th Street and turn left. Go one block to 4th Avenue North and turn left. The parking deck will be immediately on your right and the building can be accessed from the parking deck.