Our office in Birmingham, Alabama, was established in 1870. Although we have grown into a national law firm with clients all around the globe, we have never lost sight of the core values that our founding partners insisted on: ethics, integrity, excellence in our work product, and an unwavering dedication to community service.
The Birmingham office has been home to legal trailblazers from the very start – from founding partner John P. Tillman, who served as the first president of the Birmingham Bar Association in 1885 and served as president of the Alabama Bar Association from 1897-1898, to Ellene Winn, who in 1958 became one of the first female partners in a major law firm in the Southeast.
Our commitment to community service is one of Bradley’s most important values. We currently support more than 100 charitable organizations across central Alabama, including the American Heart Association, American Diabetes Association, and Komen Race for the Cure. In February 2022, Bradley proudly launched the firm’s second pro bono initiative dedicated to supporting Black small businesses and nonprofit organizations. The Black Small Business and Nonprofit Community Clinic, a joint project of Bradley and Legal Services Alabama (LSA), provides accessible and affordable business-oriented legal services to local Black small businesses and nonprofits throughout Birmingham. The Birmingham clinic is modeled after Bradley’s highly successful Black-Owned Small Business and Nonprofit Clinic in Nashville that started in January 2021.
Our Birmingham office and its attorneys have been recognized for their work with numerous accolades in recent years, including:
- Named to the Birmingham Business Journal’s “Birmingham’s Most Admired Companies” list each year since 2012.
- In Chambers USA for 2022, the firm is ranked a “Leading Firm” in Alabama for 10 practice areas: Banking & Finance, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Construction, Corporate/Commercial, Environment, Healthcare, Labor & Employment, Litigation: Appellate, Litigation: General Commercial, and Real Estate. Forty of the firm’s Birmingham attorneys are ranked as leading lawyers for business in Alabama. In addition, three Birmingham attorneys are ranked nationally: Lindsey Boney (Product Liability & Mass Torts), Tripp Haston (Product Liability & Mass Torts) and Robert Maddox (Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance [Enforcement & Investigations]).
- There are 132 of our Birmingham attorneys listed in The Best Lawyers in America® for 2022, including 17 attorneys named to Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch. Twelve attorneys are named a 2022 "Lawyer of the Year" in their areas of practice.
- 2021 Mid-South Super Lawyers listed 66 of our Birmingham attorneys as Super Lawyers or Rising Stars.
- Numerous attorneys have been named "Top 40 under 40" and received other local individual attorney awards.
Bradley’s Birmingham office is located in the One Federal Place building on 5th Avenue North, between 18th and 19th Streets. Walk-in traffic may enter the building lobby from 5th Avenue. Automobile traffic may enter the building from the parking deck – the entrance to the parking deck is on 4th Avenue North. You may park in any unmarked spot. Please bring your parking ticket with you to be validated.
Follow Hwy 31 North into downtown Birmingham. Exit at 2nd Avenue North. 2nd Avenue is one way to the west. Follow 2nd Avenue to 19th Street and turn right. Go two blocks to 4th Avenue North and turn left. The parking deck will be immediately on your right and the building can be accessed from the parking deck.
Heading eastbound on I-20 West/I-59 North, as you approach downtown Birmingham take I-65 South to 6th Avenue North. At the end of the exit, go straight through onto 10th Street North. Turn right onto 5th Avenue North. Follow 5th Avenue North several blocks to 19th Street North. Turn right onto 19th Street North and in one block turn right on 4th Avenue North (one way to the right). The parking deck is located between 18th and 19th Streets. The building can be accessed from the parking deck.
Follow I-65 South to Birmingham. Just before the I-20/I-59 junction, take exit 261A from the left lane into downtown Birmingham. The exit will take you to 17th Street North. Continue on 17th Street North until you turn left on 5th Avenue North. Follow 5th Avenue North for two blocks, then turn right onto 19th Street North. Take a right on 4th Avenue North (one way). The building can be accessed from the parking deck, which is located on 4th Avenue North between 18th and 19th Streets.
Take I-20 West/I-59 South into Birmingham. As you approach downtown, use the far right lane to take exit 126A for Carraway Blvd. At the end of the exit, go straight through the light onto 6th Avenue North. Turn left onto 19th Street (one way to the south). Follow 19th Street to 4th Avenue North. Turn right on 4th Avenue North (one way to the right). Go approximately 1/2 block to enter the parking deck, which is located on 4th Avenue North, between 18th and 19th Streets. The building can be accessed from the parking deck.
Follow I-65 North to Birmingham. Exit at 3rd Avenue North. 3rd Avenue is one way to the east. Follow 3rd Avenue to 19th Street and turn left. Go one block to 4th Avenue North and turn left. The parking deck will be immediately on your right and the building can be accessed from the parking deck.
- Chambers USA 2022 Ranks 115 Bradley Attorneys and 36 Practice Areas; Six Practice Areas and Seven Attorneys Ranked Nationally
- 312 Bradley Attorneys Listed in 2022 The Best Lawyers in America and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
- 252 Bradley Attorneys Listed in 2020 The Best Lawyers in America
- Bradley Named a Top 100 Law Firm for Women
- Bradley Named U.S. Construction 'Law Firm of the Year,' Receives Multiple Top Rankings From 2020 U.S. News – Best Lawyers 'Best Law Firms'
- Bradley Receives 2019 Alabama State Bar Pro Bono Award
- Bradley Named One of America's Top Corporate Law Firms by Forbes Magazine