Bradley’s Tax Practice Group provides experienced legal guidance and comprehensive services with respect to taxation of corporations, partnerships, and other business organizations. The group also advises on real estate tax issues, including acquisitions and dispositions. The diverse client base includes regional, national, and international publicly held companies; privately held businesses; individuals; nonprofit, and exempt organizations; and corporate and individual fiduciaries.
The group works closely with Bradley’s corporate and real estate attorneys to provide tax-efficient structures for business formations and transactions. Attorneys in this practice area have extensive experience in a full range of business and real estate federal tax issues, including:
- Formation of corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and other business organizations, including determining the appropriate entity and the initial capitalization.
- Drafting partnership agreements and limited liability company operating agreements, including complex profit and loss sharing and other tax-sensitive provisions.
- Drafting corporate documents, including buy-sell agreements, shareholder agreements, and employee stock purchase agreements.
- Structuring business transactions, including entity capitalization and mergers and acquisitions.
- Structuring executive compensation, incentive compensation, and employee equity purchase plans; and benefits and severance plans for executives and other senior-level employees through all phases of employment.
- Real estate transactions, including:
- Designing tax-efficient structures for acquiring, holding and disposing of real property
- Structuring like-kind exchanges and other tax minimization strategies for the disposition of real estate.
- Partnerships between real estate development companies and institutional investors.
- Advising foreign investors on investments in real property in the U.S.