Bradley’s Bankruptcy Basics: All About the Automatic Stay
Friday, February 25, 2022
12:00 PM-2:00 PM EST
Bradley’s Bankruptcy Basics is a series that provides high-level overviews of important bankruptcy concepts and delves deeper into the procedures and litigation of typical bankruptcy cases. In this session, Bradley’s Bankruptcy Basics: All About the Automatic Stay, we will discuss the concept of the bankruptcy automatic stay, along with its counterpart the discharge injunction. We will also explore common litigation surrounding the automatic stay, including obtaining relief from the automatic stay and defending against violations of the automatic stay.
Key topics to be discussed:
- What is the automatic stay?
- Relief from the automatic stay
- Violations of the automatic stay
- What is the automatic stay? | 12:00 pm – 12:20 pm
- Relief from the automatic stay | 12:20 pm – 1:00 pm
- Break | 1:00 pm – 1:10 pm
- Violations of the automatic stay | 1:10 pm – 2:10 pm