Bradley is providing COVID-19 related information on the firm’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) webpage..
The attorneys on Bradley’s Public Companies team counsel public companies, as well as companies focused on becoming public, on matters affecting operation in the public markets. Our team provides legal advice on compliance with evolving securities laws and corporate governance practices, and regularly assists clients in debt and equity capital markets transactions. We represent companies that are traded on all of the major U.S. securities exchanges and that span a wide variety of industries. The depth and breadth of our attorneys’ experience add value to our counsel, allowing us to provide timely and insightful advice aimed at advancing our clients’ business operations.
We counsel our public company clients on matters including:
- Reporting obligations under and compliance with the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
- Compliance with the Dodd-Frank Act, the JOBS Act, and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, as well as applicable legal and regulatory requirements of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), and the Nasdaq Stock Market (Nasdaq), as they affect board and committee operations and disclosure obligations
- Insider ownership issues, such as compliance programs, restricted securities transactions, and reporting requirements
- Proxy statements and proxy advisory firm issues
- Shareholder activism and takeover defenses
- Executive compensation and equity compensation plan adoption and administration
Bradley also provides representation in connection with a wide variety of transactional matters, including initial public offerings, underwritten primary and secondary equity offerings, registered debt issuances and Rule 144A offerings, exchange offers, private placements, and going private transactions, as well as mergers and acquisitions. In recent years, our team has assisted public company clients with capital markets transactions resulting in the issuance of more than $6 billion in securities. Recent representative transactions include:
- Three underwritten IPOs and listings on Nasdaq for three registered bank holding companies
- Two underwritten secondary offerings of more than $400 million of common stock for a Nasdaq-listed healthcare company
- A Rule 144A offering of $250 million aggregate principal amount of senior notes for a Nasdaq-listed healthcare company
- An A/B exchange offer of $700 million aggregate principal amount of senior notes for a NYSE-listed healthcare company
- An underwritten public offering of $400 million aggregate principal amount of subordinated debentures for a NYSE-listed financial services holding company
- A Section 3(a)(2) offering of $1 billion aggregate principal amount of senior notes for a bank subsidiary of a NYSE-listed international financial group