Through our tax controversy and litigation practice, we regularly:
- Assist clients with state and local tax audits, informal hearings, tax collection disputes, administrative appeals, and mediation and settlement conferences
- Prosecute appeals of state and local tax assessments and claims for tax refunds before judicial courts at every level and administrative agencies and tribunals
- Pursue protests and appeals of ad valorem real and personal property tax assessments, classifications, and real property tax exemptions before state and local boards of equalization and judicial courts
- Negotiate tax amnesty and voluntary compliance agreements
- Advise clients on complex federal tax issues with respect to structuring entity ownership and business transactions and developing solutions to federal tax compliance,
- Represent clients in disputes with the Internal Revenue Service
Our clients are engaged in diverse industries, including automotive, banking and financial services, computer software and technology, construction, engineering, entertainment, energy and natural resources, environmental, food services, healthcare, hospitality and lodging, insurance, retail, real estate, manufacturing, telecommunications, transportation, and many others.