Kevin Campbell's practice focuses exclusively on the representation of healthcare providers in transactional, regulatory and operational matters.
His clients include providers and companies in a number of sectors of the healthcare industry, including acute care hospitals, physician practices, laboratories, imaging centers, ambulatory surgery centers, behavioral health and addiction treatment providers. Kevin also has extensive experience representing accountable care organizations and other clinically integrated networks.
In the regulatory and operational area, Kevin handles a wide variety of issues for healthcare clients, including:
- Physician arrangements of all types, such as employment, professional services agreements, recruiting, call coverage, hospital-based physician contracts and other professional services arrangements
- Evaluation and structure of business arrangements for compliance with federal and state self-referral and fraud and abuse laws
- Analyzing potential compliance issues and advising on remedial action and, where required, any self-reporting obligations
- Co-management and gain-sharing arrangements
- Corporate practice of medicine issues in multiple states and legally permitted structures to address issues such as “friendly PC” models and management agreements
- Formation of accountable care organizations and other clinically integrated provider networks
His transactional experience includes:
- Representing healthcare clients in the formation of joint venture entities and new healthcare businesses, including a $100 million outpatient imaging joint venture
- Representing buyers and sellers in acquisitions of healthcare facilities, physician practices and ancillary businesses
- Representing companies and management teams in connection with recapitalization and sale transactions